Saturday, April 16, 2011

Country Roads Take Me Home

We are enjoying a relaxing week in the hills of West Virginia at my parent's house.  No cell phone access and little time on the computer has meant a clear head and lots of calm.  We enjoyed a gorgeous Monday with a long walk along the Greenbrier River, lunch at the Stardust Cafe in Lewisburg, and a stop at The Crazy Baker on the way home.  Also visited one of my favorite places, The Cooper Gallery, where I discovered a new artist, Max Hayslette.  His use of color to capture light amazed me...here are just two of his beautiful pieces:


Secrets of the Hills I



Hill and Valley IV



And a few snapshots of our fun week so far:







 
                                      
The river is high today and the rain keeps coming...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!