Friday, December 30, 2011

final post of 2011

As 2011 draws to a close and I wrap up my last project, I have done a lot of soul searching this last week to figure out how I want to go forward in 2012.  No doubt, 2011 has been a year of personal (many) highs and a few lows.  With that said, I vow to be more calm and enjoy the process of life more.  We artists have active imaginations and I often find I am a ball full of energy, wrapped up and trying to release my ideas.  Often, the stress I experience is self induced and many people have told me I need to not be so hard on myself.  This last project is no exception.

I have wanted to create an assortment of framed photos of Leilani going up our stairs for some time now.  I've had some frames laying around for years just staring back at me.  Not wanting to spend a fortune to have them custom matted and professionally framed, I took on the project myself.  Many hours, lots of paint, five stitches, a tetanus shot and a lot of frustration later....it is done.

But, I learned a few things from it and in due time to go forward into 2012:

1)  I will not be so darn hard on myself and create goals & deadlines that are unachievable
2)  I will take yoga
3)  I will paint and complete projects out of sheer enjoyment
4)  I will be the best wife, mother, sister, daughter I know how to be
5)  I will slow down...and enjoy life more.

Oh...and I WILL de-clutter my closet!


the crazy frames I've been holding onto



creating the perfect color for the 3 matching frames...


and 2 mirrors (which were an antique white to begin with)


I had glass custom cut at a local glass shop. (Joann's was going to charge me $70 for 3 pieces but the local shop charged just $19!!)......However, I will say I ended up cutting my hand on one of the pieces of glass and ended up with 5 stitches and a $40 co-pay, sigh.

But, I think it was worth it...all in all this project cost me maybe $80 if you include my co-pay :) and supplies:




I love using architectural pieces to decorate with.  I have several funky painted shutters throughout our house and ended up using these two (which were once a hot pink, yikes) as part of the wall combo!




Oh, and lastly, Leila on Christmas day....on most likely her most favorite gift from Grandma and Grandpa:



Have a great new year, everyone!  See you in 2012....bring it on!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!