Wednesday, February 29, 2012

rainy day


It's a dreary day....what better way to spend it than to paint and be creative all cozy indoors:






So, I have been thinking a lot lately about how darn much I love our little girl.  So many questions run through my mind throughout the day.  I find myself saying "I love you" probably at least 25 times throughout our day together.  ( I know, am I smothering her :/?!)...I wonder how much that will change through the years.  Does she know that she has me wrapped around her little finger?  Will this love continue to grow or does it plateau ever?  What will it be like when I tell her she has to change her clothes when she tries to wear a way too short skirt to high school? 

Ohhh, I guess these are all natural thoughts a mother has.  All I know is that I often just feel like that quote by Elizabeth Stone:

"Making a decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside of your body."

So true.



And, I am adding a little melted crayons to my current piece....we'll see where this takes me.






I purchased this set of cookbooks for a few dollars a few years ago at the Harper's Ferry Flea Market.  I really bought them because I loved how sweet they are in size, color and pattern.  Written by Helen Evans Brown, who apparently was pretty popular on the West coast in the 40's and 50's, I am wondering if they might be worth anything after doing research on her (not that I would want to part with them.) 

These books were published in the 1950's and I happened to pull them out to get a little inspiration for my next painting.  I might have to sit down and really read them and learn more about her now that I know they are special.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!