Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!


Last night was our first family movie night!  Leila was happy as a clam with her buddies next to her as we put in Alice in Wonderland, one of my favorites.  But, I remember the 1984 version from when I was little...not the cartoon version, there is a big difference. 

As we watched, the mother in me couldn't help but worry that maybe Alice in Wonderland wasn't the best choice for her first movie.  Of course I don't want our daughter to learn to eat things that make her hallucinate, chase rabbits down scary holes or do whatever anyone tells her to do, just to see what happens.  I made the comment to my husband this morning that maybe Alice in Wonderland is just one movie out of the Disney collection that appears to have been made while under the influence. 

Apparently I need a lesson in Disney movies, he said that Fantasia is just as strange...just without words.  The words worry and Disney don't seem to go together, is this normal motherly worry or just my subconscious?

Also, an oil I started yesterday.  While watching last night, I noticed how similar the design is to the foliage found in the animation of Alice in Wonderland. 

And lastly, Leila just getting a kick out of herself  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!