Tuesday, September 20, 2011

a year in a box




So, yesterday marked our two year wedding anniversary!  I don't know where the last year has gone.  Really.  My dad and I have had some heart to hearts recently about life and how as you get older time just goes faster and faster.  As he gets older, he wants to pass down what he has learned and really wants me  to savor each moment and enjoy life to it's fullest.  I can appreciate that, especially after the birth of our daughter and witnessing first hand exactly what he means.

After I discovered Darcy Miller's scrapboxing idea I decided with our first anniversary to take a very small box and bundle up our year with special momentos.  This is our 2nd year box...I'm going to keep this anniversary tradition going until one day we have a full wall of scrap boxes to look back on. 

The key is to keep things throughout the year that are meaningful.  I have pages from our favorite book, Pat the Bunny, her hat from the hospital, 1/2 of her toy pig since the other piece went missing, part of Max's collar, a chocolate wrapper from The Greenbrier, a shell from our first trip to the beach....etc.

Needless to say, this was the year of Leila.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!