Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Night, Baby!

Today is game day and I am super excited to make my first recipe from a book I have been slightly obsessed with the last few days.  A hearty, yummy corn chowder for my hubby to enjoy while yelling at the Redskins.  This is by far my favorite time of year...to nest, cook, curl up with a good book, watch football and enjoy the changing leaves.  I have read the book cover to cover and love its message.  It is Lost Recipes by Marion Cunningham and it's all about getting back to wholesome, family dinners.  The way it should be, really.  Memories are made in the kitchen.

Ok, so I am beginning to sound like a stereotypical 1950's housewife (blast!)....I may even wear my brown and pink polka dot apron this go round.  But seriously...we ladies are nurturers through and through and what man doesn't love coming home from a long day at the office, sitting down to a game of football on the tube and eating a meal prepared with love?  And, so I guess sitting down to have dinner as a family at our actual kitchen table will have to wait until Leila goes to bed after dinner time.  For tonight...dinner will be had in the living room with the lovely sound of football in the background.  Hello, Fall!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!