Monday, October 03, 2011

the handmade ornament

It's no secret that I am a sucker for all things handmade.  When I was growing up, like most, I loved decorating our Christmas tree each year and I loved even more all of the ornaments with photos.  You know the ones you make for your parents in kindergarten with your school photo...the older you got the more embarrassing it was to see.  My husband and I have a huge box full of black and white photos of us growing up which I made into ornaments and hung on tree branches to use on our centerpieces at our wedding reception.  Now, we use them as our Christmas ornaments so our entire tree is full of black and white photos.  love it.

I decided to make a few Christmas ornaments for my sister and brother in law using pics from the last year as a small gift to give them this weekend...they are Leila's Godparents.  They will be here for her baptism and first birthday party on Sunday...it's a small token of appreciation but I'm sure will get many years of use:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!