Monday, January 23, 2012

chartreuse

You know that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you hear your baby's first cry as they awake from their nap?  I know you know exactly what I mean.....it's as though there is an hour glass sitting right there next to you and you have just watched the last drop of sand hit the bottom and you think, time's up! (and then you think, where the heck did those 2-3 hours go?)  You wait a few minutes and think, "maybe she will fall back asleep for a few more minutes."  Then you hear the cry again....and you give in.

My friend told me over the weekend that she has found her nap time hours are now eaten up by endless time spent on pinterest.  I am trying not to go there.  But I do savor naps and the time it gives to work.  Lately it seems I have been experiencing that hour glass feeling way too much though and I feel a bit guilty.  We have spent so much time trying to complete Leila's playroom and I know she will love it when it is all said and done.  So, tomorrow the electrician is coming to install some extra lighting in the basement and we will be one step closer to completion.

On Saturday my friend and I went to the big Chartreuse tag sale.  It was b-a-n-a-n-a-s!  bananas!  And there I found all of the lighting we need for dirt cheap.  And, this chair ($19, thank you!) for our desk nook.  We walked away with numb toes (no heat in the barn) but smiles on our faces:



the dresser I just finished for Leila's toys and to anchor the tv


lighting to be installed tomorrow!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!