Monday, January 09, 2012

degas, you are brilliant


Whenever I get the chance to take the Metro into DC the smells, sounds, colors bring me right back to my high school days.  And I love it.  My family and I moved to Northern VA in the middle of my junior year in high school.  Not knowing a soul at my new high school and feeling like a fish out of water, I spent most weekends with a loaded up back pack trekking through Georgetown, Alexandria and DC.  Or some days meeting my dad for lunch at his office in Rosslyn.  I couldn't get enough of all the art, history and interesting atmospheres right at my fingertips. Pretty fabulous.

So yesterday was special because it was the last day of the the Degas exhibition at the Phillips Collection.  I got to take the day to myself as a birthday present (today marks number 34 for me!) while my husband took care of Leila.  There was a street fair going on when I arrived in Dupont Circle:


It was a gorgeous day.....I had a great lunch at a yummy Italian restaurant before heading to the show:



The show was absolutely amazing.  The line to get in was wrapped around the corner so I ended up becoming a member just so I could skip the line.  It was pretty packed but his compositions, use of color and texture.....I can't say enough.  My heart was pounding I was so excited!  Really looking forward to taking Leila there now that I am a member....its such an easy metro ride in, she's going to love it!

Treated myself to this vessel to hang on the wall and house my rings at Tabletop



When I arrived home last night my husband had planned a surprise brithday dinner with our family......so fun!  More birthday loot :) So thoughtful and unexpected.....



Leila's gift from the Degas show.........



Have a great week everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!