Wednesday, February 15, 2012

LOVE

I mentioned I was starting a piece using a whole bunch of odds and ends.  I love layers, texture, pattern and whimsy.  This piece is completely free-spirited with multiple layers of paint and eye candy.  One of the "newspaper" clippings actually came from an issue from the Art Foundation book published in the 1940's.  The receipt on the side is from 1983 that my husband found when going through his "box" of stuff.  I love old logos and advertising. 

 Anyway...........I am not done with this quite yet.  Tomorrow though.  In process:










Starting a new piece today which will also incorporate layers upon layers of "stuff." Here is the frame which I have already doused with paint and stretched it with that same shower curtain I used for this painting.  Love useful materials.....






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!