Monday, June 25, 2012

I heart this town


Every other Sunday, through July, we can walk the 5 minutes from our house to Wildwood Park and listen to a live band.  While we resembled the Beverly Hillbillies (stroller style) with blanket, fruit, cheese, chairs, etc. in tow, and were by far the youngest people there since the park is surrounded by a retirement community, it was completely fun and totally worth watching this girl eat dinner and shake her shoulders to Que Sera, Sera (one of my faves!) and other classics from the likes of Ella Fitzgerald.







Yup, I love it.....so fun!




what's not to love when you get to top it off with strawberries and cool whip?!



PS....I haven't shared my yard sale score for Leila from a few weeks ago.  Now, I have not "yard saled" probably since I was in 5th grade and would walk a few houses down with a few dollars in hand to a neighbor's yard sale and buy a toy.

So, when I got up at 6:30 am a few Saturdays ago, I didn't expect to come home with my trunk door strapped down and this inside:





$25 bucks baby!  I talked her down from $30 AND it comes with everything to go inside, including a roof top grill and table & umbrella...check it out!  I gave it a serious hose, oxyclean, 4-09 down but it's just like new. 

Leila (and her friend Claire) have gotten stuck trying to fit their whole bodies through the front door...here you can see I have pulled out all of her little figurines to show her that these are the toys you use.


I will be posting a new painting tomorrow that will be a sample for those interested in "made to order" one of a kind pieces for the home or for gifts....can't wait to share it with you :)

Have a great day,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!