Wednesday, August 08, 2012

More projects, more furniture = endless possibilites...



{  I've now added a link to the right featuring before/after furniture projects!  Pieces will be available for sale as they are completed.  If you are interested in having something created custom for you, please contact me at: erinsullivanartaddesign@gmail.com  }





Doesn't this piece look like it came straight out of the 70's?  This was my parent's growing up and I remember it so well.  It is now in my sister's house and when I visited her in RI back in June she put me to work to breathe some life back into it.

It was a tough job because it's not solid wood and obviously because of all the shelves and drawers.  Don't you just love the pattern on the back?!

I got as much done as I could before I had to leave, then my sister finished the rest...





Turned out cute, right?  I may have changed out the hardware or sprayed them white...but then again, I also kind of like the contrast in colors and their funky style.



And, remember that dresser from a few weeks ago that I picked up at Goodwill?




and then re-did?



I had tons of people interested and it sold in a week...so I think I am going to take the plunge and start re-doing furniture more regularly since I love it so much. 


Next up?  A solid wood drop leaf table and two chairs that is crying out for some love....if only I had room for this (and needed it)...I found it for $10 (I am almost embarrassed to say)

Trying to decide on colors...there will be two.  Blackish Grayish/Cream or Turquoise/White....the entire piece will be distressed and very cool though...I can already imagine it!















1 comment:

  1. I love that book case I could use one in my house for my computer and printer!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!