Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Heading to Charleston, SC...where should we stay, what should we do & where should we eat?

I have our Frommer's guide dog eared and the beach on my brain, but we still need help.

We are headed to Charleston, SC in a few weeks for our first solo family vacation.  I've heard incredible things about Charleston from it's rich history to amazing food. 

And it's gotta be pretty great given that on the Bachelorette Finale "After the Final Rose"...(and after Emily picked "Jef with one F"...you go, girl!)...she then hinted at a spring wedding in Charleston right before the show ended.  This only reassured our family vacation destination decision.  Thank you, Emily Maynard.


But, we still have some planning to do:

A)  Where should we stay? 

Should we stay in the heart of Charleston or on one of the islands??  I've read some about Sullivan and Kiawah Islands and both sound nice. We would love a place near/on the water with a kitchen to stay in a few nights and cook.  However, I've heard the hotels are nice too. 


via betweenheandshe.com     

Historic Battery Park...yeah, do you think they rent these by the week on our budget?



B)  What to do?

Would love to do a tour of one of the amazing homes, maybe the Edmondston-Alston House and also something fun for the girl...The Children's Museum of the Lowcountry.  And, I've heard about a great open air market that I would love to check out!

C)  Where to eat?

So far I have noted: S.N.O.B. (Slightly North of Broad), Carolina's, Nick's BBQ (for my hubby to get his BBQ fill....is this the local BBQ place I keep hearing about?? Can't remember the name)

And, I would LOVE to try Magnolia's but I don't believe this is kid friendly...but man it looks divine!


If anyone could offer any suggestions I would love to hear them!  This girl is planning blind and wants to make this trip a great one...so we can relax and enjoy this:


    via cancerinthecity.com

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!