Monday, July 23, 2012

BEFORE & AFTER: a dresser re-loved


So, I happened to be at Goodwill over the weekend checking out their furniture section...hoping to find something salvageable in the midst of particle board entertainment centers and crunchy old 1970's side chairs when I stumbled up this sweet little piece:



Then, I quickly started examining it....pulling out drawers etc.  Perfect condition, except dirty and out of date!  With no price tag on it, I asked someone for help (and also for a good price on the just 5 mins ago dropped off dresser) and let's just say I got it for a steal.

The wheels began turning in my head...roughly 10 hours later here is her after shot:







The entire piece has been painted/sanded/painted again/and sanded once more (including drawers although they look similar in color)...it has the slightest bit of distressing and the most cool, retro laminate white top I could possibly not give this up for.  Metallic gold accents make it more unique....how cool would this be as a buffet or how sweet in a nursery?
















Have a great week, everyone!




4 comments:

  1. Great re-do! What a pretty piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. I love the gold in the center of the knobs. You asked me where I got the pulls for my minty malm, here is the post about them (I painted them)
    http://mycraftyhomelife.blogspot.com/2012/06/ebay-other-addictions.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! They are great and would be perfect for a dresser I am getting ready to work on...I will have to be on the hunt!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!