Tuesday, September 25, 2012

easy diy cupcake toppers

Getting ready for our girl's 2nd birthday party this coming weekend, can't believe she is already 2, crazy!  And, I put the hubby to work on football Sunday:





So easy....I ended up using odds and ends I had on my craft shelf:  scrapbook paper for the hats and bright buttons and embellishments for the toppers.  Should be cute, especially with 40 cupcakes and 40 big smiles staring back...what's not to love?

Meanwhile, we have actually been potty training our little girl.  So far, the hardest thing I have done in parenthood.  And, I know it may seem too early, but she has shown serious signs of wanting to be diaper free...letting us know when she needs to go potty, (As Grover says, Don't Wait!), waking up in the mornings with a dry diaper and when we are at home, she pretty much roams bottomless with very few accidents. 

But, I am not brave enough to leave the house regularly without her diaper on.  I fear the obvious, that we will be in the middle of the grocery store and all of a sudden I will see (or feel) liquid dropping from her body onto the floor.

Anyway, we do the happy dance and I sing "Go Leila, go Leila, it's your birthday...you went pee pee in the potty..." etc.  And, Leila thinks it is quite fun....chanting back to me "Go Leila, go Leila...." but she can't quite say the rest :)

Never knew before kids how extremely excited I would be for someone to go potty....it's the little things :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!