Thursday, January 03, 2013

Weekend get away....and a framing project in the works




Working on a framing project at the moment...stay tuned! 
 
My husband's mom gave me a whole bunch of frames she no longer needed. I am in the process of painting them and am hoping to use them mostly in the nursery and one in the kitchen in a creative way.  TJ has some really cool old collectors baseball cards which may be worth something.  I've been trying to figure out how I can display them creatively in the nursery without ruining them...
keeping fingers crossed my idea works!








Meanwhile,  we are headed out tomorrow for a much needed weekend away with my parents to The Greenbrier.  To say I am excited would be an understatement...the whole experience is like creative non stop eye candy and sensory overload which I can handle in mass amounts when it comes to this amazing place.  Some of the things I am looking forward to:

Arriving:




Bringing Leila's swimsuit and letting her splash around in the indoor pool (for some reason the image of Annie running around Daddy Warbucks' mansion comes to mind....we have been watching this movie since she got it for Christmas so I'm sure that must have something to do with it....I don't think she is an orphan)  Seeing that I can barely bend over to tie my shoes, let alone shave my legs, I think I will leave it to Daddy and Me Me to swim with her.






meredithperdue.com

Afternoon tea & cookies in a room like this:



Exploring.....with Leila I am sure 30 yards ahead of me squeeling and saying "WOW"



Eating delicous food, hanging out with my family and just plain not thinking for a few days.  We will call this our babymoon....

We got a new camera and I am trying to learn how to use it, so I will take this weekend to take some photos of The Greenbrier and share them with you soon!

Have a great weekend, everyone!




1 comment:

  1. Erin, I am so thrilled for you that you are visiting the Greenbrier - one of my favorite spots! Enjoy yourself and make sure you visit the relaxing spa to get off your feet. Have you read my post on Dorothy Draper? http://www.designomnivore.blogspot.com/2011/12/dorothy-draper-designer-you-already.html
    Happy New Year, lady!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!