Thursday, February 03, 2011

Each Peach Pear Plum




is one of my favorite childhood books.  I was reading it today to Leila and it brought me right back to when I was little.  The illustrations are so sweet, reminds me of being in a little English cottage.  One of my very favorite things is the first day of Spring when it is warm enough to open all the windows and bring the outdoors in.  This illustration reminded me of just that and inspired me to start a new oil today, here we go:


Also finished the leaf painting today!  11 x 14 oil on canvas.  Edges are painted a midnight blue acrylic with polycrylic finish:


1 comment:

  1. I love your leaf painting, Erin. It's beautiful! I can tell Lelia is your biggest inspiration yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!