Friday, April 06, 2012

hecht, yes!



I'm thinking of painting a pattern on the front and the top a contrast color....
hmmmm....what should it be?







I've been toying with the idea for a long time to purchase, refurbish and re-sell pieces of furniture...or just having people drop off pieces they already have but want to spruce up and I can do the work for them. When I had my shop I did that, but space was limited so I couldn't get into it as much as I would have liked.  So today, I decided I would make a trip to goodwill to have a look and possibly buy a piece if one caught my eye and re-sell it for a profit.

In the very back corner, behind two dressers sat this banged up, dusty, lovely lined, mustard in color FABULOUS dresser.  Smooth, dove tailed drawers and a brass tag in the top drawer reads: Hecht Brothers Baltimore.  At $35 bucks, they loaded it up, tied it down and I drove 30 mph home on the highway.  (thanks Kelley, Brady and Brett for helping me unload)....

Anyway, I did a little research and check out what I found out.  The Hecht Brothers store in Baltimore opened in 1885....I love a good story to tell about a piece.

Now, the problem is now, I think I am toying with the idea of selling our ikea bookcase on craigslist and keeping this gem for our living room....(my husband is just finding out about this idea of mine)...honey, what do you think? ;)

Happy Easter, everyone....have a great weekend!





2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1.1.13

    when did they start using that brass tag because i have a different brass tag but says they same thing.?????????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous - I'm not sure to be honest, I really don't know much about Hecht Brothers, other than the quick search I did after I found this piece at Goodwill for a steal...I love the brass tag though :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your feedback...this girl loves hearing from you!